What is CEREC? CEREC stands for…
- Chairside: This technology is used right in the patient room, using an intraoral camera instead of messy impression material.
- Economical: The patient and dentist both benefit economically because only one appointment is needed, there is no temporary crown, and the dentist doesn’t have to pay a dental laboratory technician for services.
- Restorations: The purpose of the procedure is to restore the natural beauty, strength, and functioning of your teeth.
- Esthetic: These restorations are made to look great. They are non-metal and tooth-colored.
- Ceramic: To get as close as possible to the look, feel, and composition of natural teeth, we use high-strength ceramic.
CEREC uses CAD/CAM technology (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing). This high-tech process is used extensively in engineering and design to turn sophisticated models into incredibly accurate components. Technology-savvy dentists, such as Lafayette dentist Dr. John Theriot, have begun to incorporate these advancements to create superior results for their patients.
Read about Dental Implants